St. Peter’s Elwick C of E Primary School
Part of the Northern Lights Learning Trust
Head Teacher: Mrs Katy Hill
Admin Assistant required to start as soon as is mutually convenient but no later than September 2021 (NJC 4-5 £18933 – £19312 pro rata)
20 hours per week over 40 weeks (term time + 5 INSET days plus 1 week in Summer Holidays) Fixed term contract for 3 years – subject to funding.
Are you organised, enthusiastic and welcoming?
Do you thrive working in a busy office environment?
Would like to make a difference to children’s learning and well-being?
Due to the promotion of the current post holder, St. Peter’s Elwick Primary School are currently looking to welcome an enthusiastic and reliable admin assistant to support pupils, parents, staff and governors at our School. There will be the opportunity to work closely in partnership with the admin team from Hart Primary School and on occasion, there will be opportunity to work across the trust. Flexibility will be essential. In return, you will benefit from inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to great CPD opportunities.
Our successful candidates will:
- Provide a welcoming environment front of house
- Possess excellent communication and IT skills
- Be confident in dealing with children and adults
- Keep calm under pressure whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Be enthusiastic and supportive of the Academy ethos
Details of the school can be found on our website www.hartelwickfederation.org.uk Prospective applicants are able to visit the school, if COVID Protection Rules allow by appointment.
Any queries can be directed to Mrs C Bland, Office Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 01429 274904
Application packs are available on the school website or can be collected from the school office. Applications should be returned no later than 12.00pm on the closing date.
Closing date: Wednesday 30th June 2021 at 12.00pm
Short listing: Thursday 1st July 2021
Interview Date: Tuesday 6th July 2021
Contact details for Mrs C Bland are:
Email: email@example.com Tel: 01429 274904
Northern Lights Learning Trust is committed to promoting and ensuring the safety of all its pupils and staff and expects everyone to share this commitment. In line with this all appointments are subject to DBS check and satisfactory references.
Apprentice Early Years Educator Hart Primary School
This is a new and exciting role to join this diverse primary school to support children in Reception and the wider school with emotional and social difficulties, as well as SEND. You will support the class teacher in delivering small group and 1-1 sessions promoting all areas of the Early Years curriculum, contributing to a programme of activities.Sign in to apply
Closing date: 05 Jul 2021
- Weekly wage £139.75 Wages explained
- Working week Monday to Friday 08.30 – 16.00 (term time only) 1 hour unpaid lunch Total hours per week: 32.50 Total hours per week: 32.50
- Expected duration 24 months
- Possible start date 06 Sep 2021
- Date posted 7 days ago
- Apprenticeship level Advanced
Level 3 (A level)
- Reference numberVAC001728022
- Positions 1 available
The successful candidate will work in the Foundation Stage Unit. Candidates will be expected to follow and adhere to all schools policies and procedures and meet the high expectations set for all their staff.
Responsibilities will be:
- Overseeing the care and cleanliness of the teaching environment, equipment, apparatus and materials
- Working specifically 1-1 and in small groups with children with SEND and other difficulties
- Attending regular review meetings with colleagues, parents and other practitioners, contributing feedback on individual progress
- Assisting in the preparation of display materials and the copying and duplication of teaching materials
- Raising awareness to teaching staff of the strengths and problems of individual pupils
- Assisting teaching staff in the monitoring, recording and evaluation of pupils’ progress, including providing feedback on observations undertaken
- Assisting in the assessment of individual pupils
- Liaising with the SENDCo and teaching staff, to identify the needs of the pupils
- Assisting in the preparation and review of Support Plans including co-ordinating relevant information for Support Plans
- Setting up and using equipment as required to maintain pupils’ needs and support their participation in learning tasks and activities
- Providing support to teachers in developing effective approaches to manage behaviour and discipline problems
- Raising the awareness of school staff to pressures on pupils which may result in behavioural problems
- To contribute to a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members
- To be flexible within the working practices of the classroom
- Be prepared to help where needed, including undertaking certain domestic jobs within the classroom, e.g. preparation of snacks and meals, cleaning of equipment etc
- Work alongside the manager and staff team
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child’s stage of development
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing
- To ensure the provision of high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds and stages of development
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Caring and sensitive with a good understanding of SEND
- Ability to work individually
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good listening skills
- Ability to follow health and safety and safeguarding guidelines
- Genuine caring nature
- Outgoing and friendly personality
- Non judgemental
- Ability to maintaon confidentiality
- Thi is an Advanced Apprenticeship and you must have Maths and English (Language) GCSE Grades min of grade 4 (or the equivalent) to be considered
- It is desirable that you already hold a Level 2 Childcare/Teaching Assistant qualification and you MUST have experience caring for or working with children
- Good career prospects and the opportunity to develop in this sector
- Excellent development opportunities
Things to consider
This apprenticeship is term time only and your salary will be pro-rata.
You MUST be able to attend Sunderland (Pallion) every week for taught sessions which are a mandatory part of the Apprenticeship Standard.
You will cover both Hart Primary and Elwick Primary School, although Hart is your main place of work..
You will be expected to work a 32.5 hour week and on top spend at least 3 – 4 hours a week on your study.
Enhanced DBS clearance will be required – this will be processed by the school immediately after the offer of employment is made.